Extensive steel repairs and maintenance for cruise vessel ‘MSC Lirica’ at Damen Shiprepair Amsterdam
The MSC Cruises-owned ‘MSC Lirica’ came to Damen Shiprepair Amsterdam (DSA) in 2008 and underwent extensive steel repairs, maintenance works, deck plating works and works on window washing equipment. Besides these main jobs a various number of standard jobs such as, sea chests, anchor and chains, tank cleaning, anodes renewal and propeller works were carried out on the 253 metre vessel.
Scope of work
- Renewal of gutter for window washing machine (33 steel u-bar sections were needed to be removed and later on refitted with new stainless steel bars)
- Window washing trolleys made workable in yard’s workshop
- Complete deck plating renewed
- Damaged hull construction steel repairs of approximately 26,500 kg steel
- Transporting of 14 lifeboats on temporary supports alongside dock no.4 and rendered assistance to owner’s arranged lifeboat specialist