Successful repair and refurbishment for 'Saga Sapphire'
Mid December 2014, the Saga Cruises-owned ‘Saga Sapphire’ left Damen Shiprepair Rotterdam (DSR) on schedule after completing its refurbishment works and the scheduled Class Survey. As is customary with cruise ship repair projects, the ‘Saga Sapphire’ contract involved a tight time frame that required precision planning from Damen’s project management team.
Scope of work
- Scheduled DNV GL Class Survey
- Inspection propeller axle
- Replacing two sewage plants
- Fresh water tanks blasted and repainted
- Repairs to the deck steel work
- Comprehensive overhaul of the lifeboats / davits
- General repairs to piping, electrical and hydraulic systems
- Extensive steelwork
- Replacement piping
- Renewal of the entire rudder system